CAPTURE THE GOLD (see slide show below of game being played in class yesterday)
Description of Game
In this adventure challenge game the students(their teams) are required to cross an imaginary river using hula hoops. Once they get to the other side, they can disembark on land and take a piece of gold (a beanbag) and bring it with them back across the river and place it into their Pot (a bucket or hula hoop). The main rules are:
1. Without giving names, what were some of the negative ways that people communicated?
2. What were some of the positive ways?
3. Describe any times that you did not trust the actions of others? (no names)
4. Can you give examples of how an open mind was important when working on your teams.
5. How can your team more effectively move the bean bags (the gold) from one side to the other? (in a quicker, safer way)
6. How can you decrease the amount of running and moving yet still transport bean bags from one side of the river to the other?