With each passing day the Physical Education Professional Learning Community continues to be developed behind the scenes. As logistical issues pop up, we are working our way through how best to set up this network to ensure long term success.
Earlier today I had a skype meeting with Dr. Doug Gleddie from the University of Allberta regarding PEPLC. Doug has kindly agreed to help out in whatever way that he can and to sit on the initial committee overseeing the implementation of the program. Doug brought up a very good question which was directed at how pre-service teachers could be involved in the PEPLC project. I have received similar questions from other university professors who have signed up for the network as well.
What we discussed was setting up a mentoring program not only for pre-service teachers, but also PE teachers, in general, who are new to the profession. I believe that PEPLC is the perfect avenue to set up a mentoring program of this sort as there are a number of experienced teachers signed up for the network who I am sure would be willing to serve as mentors.
If you are a pre-service teacher reading this blog post and are interested in being mentored, please drop me an email to express interest and I will add your name to a list. This goes for new teachers as well. If you are new to the profession and are looking to connect with a mentor, let me know (email@example.com). Spread the word to others who you think may be interested.
- PYP PE Blog
- Run Your Life Podcast Series
- My TED X Talk
- Consulting and Workshop Opportunities
- How PYP PE with Andy Has Helped Others
- Good Teaching is L.I.F.E
- The Sportfolio
- Example Assessment Tasks
- An Example PYP PE Planner
- PE Teacher Forum: Connecting With Other Good Practitioners
- PYP Attitude Posters (printable)
- Bringing the Learner Profile to Life in PE
- 2015 National PE Institute
- The Transdisciplinary Skills
- Gurian Institute
- Fountainhead International School PE Workshop Page
- Greenfield Community School Inquiry and Assessment Workshop
- Maths Integration and PE
- Examples of Integration
- My Family
- The Learning Journey Made Visible
- A Glimpse Into How I Teach
- Consulting/Workshop Opportunities
Helping Kids to Achieve Their Best