- To identify creative moves in a Cirque Du Soleil video clip that the students watched and give specific examples of creativity in action.
- To work on hand and eye coordination using juggling scarves.
- To create a pattern of 5 separate moves using juggling scarves and practice performing these moves to a short (1:18sec) Cirque Du Soleil song
- Go over central idea once again (Gymnastics and dance allows us to move our bodies in amazing and creative ways) and have class discussion about what this means to them
- Watch 3 different video clips from Cirque Du Soleil pausing after each clip to have a class discussion about what elements of creativity are found in the video
- Watch juggling scarves video clip and have further discussion
- Give students one scarf each to explore and experiment with different throws and moves
- Introduce 3 basic moves to them and have them practice
- Have them create 2 additional moves on their own to add to the 3 they already learned
- Practice all of these moves and decide on an order in which they will perform the moves
- Play the short Cirque Du Soleil song having them perform the 5 moves in a repeating pattern until the music finishes.
- Discuss what can be improved upon and reinforce that even if a mistake is made, they must continue with the pattern
- If time permits, allow 2 or 3 students at a time to get up and perform for the group.
Although this lesson seemed to flow very well, I would allow the students with better hand and eye coordination to use 2 scarves for their routine.