Who am I?
My name is Andy Vasily and I have been teaching at fully authorized IB schools over the past 15 years in Japan, Azerbaijan, Cambodia, and China. I am currently employed at the Nanjing International School in China teaching PYP PE.
The Purpose of This Website
The pages that I have set up on this website are devoted to sharing many of the ideas and strategies that I use for teaching and assessment within my own PE program. I enjoy sharing what I do as it truly helps me to better think my way through my own teaching practice in an effort to provide the best learning experiences possible for my students.
A lot of what I do with my PE program is based around the Sportfolio, a PE type journal used to file away both formative and summative assessment, photos of the students in action, self and peer assessments, as well as student reflection and illustrations. The ultimate aim of the Sportfolio is for students to be able to demonstrate their understanding of the enduring concepts that are embedded within the units that I teach in PE.
The Learner Profile, PYP Attitudes, and the Transdisciplinary Skills should be rooted within all of the learning experiences that students are engaged in regardless of subject area. Another purpose of this website is to show how I address these areas within my program.
I believe in the power of sharing as it makes us all better at what we do. I encourage any teacher visiting this website to join the PE Teacher Forum that I have set up. This is a space to share good teaching practice related to PYP PE.
If you have any questions or comments for me, I would love to hear from you at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Yours in education,
- PYP PE Blog
- Good Teaching is L.I.F.E
- My Inspiration
- Consulting and Workshop Opportunities
- How PYP PE with Andy Has Helped Others
- The Sportfolio
- Example Assessment Tasks
- Fountainhead International School PE Workshop Page
- An Example PYP PE Planner
- PE Teacher Forum: Connecting With Other Good Practitioners
- PYP Attitude Posters (printable)
- Bringing the Learner Profile to Life in PE
- The Transdisciplinary Skills
- Gurian Institute
- Greenfield Community School Inquiry and Assessment Workshop
- Maths Integration and PE
- Examples of Integration
- My Family
- The Learning Journey Made Visible
- A Glimpse Into How I Teach
- Consulting/Workshop Opportunities